Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Somewhere Over the Rainbow



When I hear that song lots of things come to mind, but one thing more than any. I should say, someone. My son, Hayden. Hayden was dianosed with Autism when he was 2 1/2. He is now less than three months away to being 5!


In this song there is something that we also find in Jesus. Hope. Somewhere, someday, somehow, we WILL get to that place we desire. This is my Hope for Hayden. Two years ago I painted a scripture above Hayden's bed. Mathew 17:20 Nothing will be impossible for me....


When I first painted it Hayden didn't speak at all. Just hummed. Now he is babbleing like never before and all of my reciting of this Hope of mine for him has come to fruition. Hayden is on his way over the rainbow. My Hope isn't lost in a dianoses. My Hope will never be lost. Everyday we say our prayers, participate in worship together and I talk to him about what Christ did for him. I know with all of my being Hayden's spirit is grabbing hold to this Hope. Until the dianoses is lost he has this praying momma that won't let go, and inside her head is singing.......

....Somewhere Over the Rainbow......

1 comment:

  1. Nicki--That was beautiful. You are such a wonderful momma! Hayden's a very lucky little boy.
    Love you,
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete