Monday, July 20, 2009

Coming to an end....




Today is July 20th, less than 2 weeks until "my summer" is over. "My summer" with my children that is. I've had lots of time to saturate Hayden & Rachel with attention, and love. As it begins to end I think about savoring each moment that I don't have to get up early and get ready, fix lunch boxes, fight traffic and carry several bags into each school as I drop off the kids. That I can spend extra time with the Lord when the kids are napping and in-between times of waiting on Harley's shower/morning routine. My morning coffee isn't rushed and life is great.


August 3rd, life will go back into a scheduled routine equipted with deadlines and appointments. I will go to work with Harley bright and early, and the kids will spend there days in a more structured "learning atmosphere". I asked the Lord at the beginning of the summer to help me not to get frustrated with the children but to soak up the extra time with them and Him. As I reflect on these long days, I do think I have accomplised just that.


No comments:

Post a Comment