Sunday, August 23, 2009

Aleph Tav

It's easy to say a quick...Thank you Lord...when He has recently met a need. In the morning, during my "quiet time" (aka: a bathtub full of water, me laying on my back...eyes closed) I begin to thank my Father for the simple things....Thank you Lord for giving me the ability to wake up and enjoy Your presence....the ability to walk, see, talk, get my children ready for school, the ability to drive them to school, fix my family breakfast.....the simple things. Things in my past I have simply took for granted. That's just life right? Everyone gets that, right? Well...if you have ever took a moment to watch a "Save the Children" episode, or driven by a "bad neighborhood", you begin to see....goodness, I take such luxuries for granted...I begin to think I deserve them..that they are just a necessary part of my life.

Recently my Sunday iConnect class has been studying "toiling, laboring, time vs eternity etc" We have critiqued Solomon's life in every angle. I truly love this, I have felt this was perfect "timing" for me and my family. (thx JB & DB)

In Solomon's life he certainly knew greatness (this I'm sure), but he also knew the worthlessness of everything under the sun. He first wrote Proverbs...beautiful wisdom, then Ecclesiastes...a man who had it all began to question it all, and even his own life. Then in the Song of Solomon he pours out his heart for his beloved.....as we know the beloved relationship was Jesus. Isn't it beautiful that Jesus was the beginning and end. (Aleph Tav) That through Him everything under the sun finds it's purpose.

I made my works great, I built myself houses, and planted myself vineyards. I made myself gardens and orchards, and I planted all kinds of fruit trees in them. I made myself water pools from which to water the growing trees of the grove. I acquired male and female servants, and had servants born in my house. Yes, I had greater possessions of herds and flocks than all who were in Jerusalem before me. I also gathered for myself silver and gold and the special treasures of kings and of provinces. I acquired male and female singers, the delights of the sons of men and musical instruments of all kinds. So I became great and excelled more than all who were before me in Jerusalem. Also my wisdom remained with me. Whatever my eyes desired I did not keep from them. I did not withhold my heart from any pleasure, For my heart rejoiced in all of my labor; and this was my reward for my labor. Then I looked on all the works that my hands had done And on the labor in which I had toiled; And indeed all was vanity and grasping for the wind. There was no profit under the sun. Ecclesiastes 2:4-11

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nicki- beautifully put!! I love how you brought "song of solomon" into the story. Hmmm.....interesting........to be continued in I-connect!
    love your blog!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete